Wednesday, November 30, 2011

2011 Silver Medal Readers Favorite Award Winner NOT WITHOUT RISK!

A few weeks back, I finished Not Without Risk by Sarah Grimm, winner of the 2011 Silver Medal - Readers Favorite Awards, and afterwards I emailed her saying I needed MORE. More Justin, more Paige, more EVERYTHING. So Sarah graciously acquiesed and sent me this yummy post about her Hero, Justin Harrison. AND GET THIS! Sarah, has agreed to host a GIVE-AWAY! One lucky commentorwill receive a free e-book of RISK! Don't forget to leave me your email!

I very rarely base a hero's (or heroine's for that matter) physical description on a real person. Anytime I post photos of how I imagine my characters look, it's because I discovered the photograph, the actor or model, after I wrote the book. With the exception of one character...Sergeant Justin Harrison, my hero from my romantic suspense, Not Without Risk.

 

To me, Justin has always resembled one person:  Country crooner and total sweetheart (yes, I've met him) Ty Herndon.

Check out that smile!  Isn't he gorgeous?

*sigh*

Sorry, got lost for a minute there. Okay, with that visual in mind, let’s get to know Sergeant Justin Harrison.


What is Not Without Risk about?
Murder. Proving to myself and my colleagues that I was fit to return to active duty after a .38 punctured my lung. And how a sexy brunette, with the longest legs I’ve ever had the pleasure of having wrapped around my hips, changed everything.
What did you think the first time you saw the heroine, Paige?
That she was stunning—and that it had been far too long since I’d been with a woman.
What was your second thought?
She could be a killer.
Why did you become a cop?
I have no stomach for people who take advantage of others weaknesses or misfortune for their own gain. I can’t stand violence against others, especially women. And when bad things happen, someone needs to help restore order, solve the puzzle and uncover the identity of the bad guy. I’m very good with puzzles.
What do you like most about Paige?
Her courage and strength. Even injured and bleeding, facing the knowledge that someone wanted her dead—would stop at nothing to see it happen—Paige didn’t break.
If you could change one thing about her, what would it be?
Why would I want to change her?
What is your biggest fear?
That I won’t be able to protect Paige. I pushed myself, my body, too hard in order to get back to the job—the thing that defines who I am. Then I met Paige, and discovered something more important than being a cop. Injured, exhausted and facing one of the toughest cases of my career…I don’t know if I can do it, if I can solve it before the killer gets his hands on her. But I have to. I can’t lose the woman who’s shown me I have worth other than the job—the woman I’ve come to need as much as my next lung full of air.

Not Without Risk is available at both Amazon and The Wild Rose Press.
~*~

Sarah Grimm is an award winning author of contemporary romance and romantic suspense. She lives in West Michigan with her husband, two sons and three miniature schnauzers. Between mom's taxi service, parts runs, and answering the phone for the family marine repair business, Sarah can be found curled in her favorite chair, crafting her next novel.

Find Sarah here:

I ALSO WANT TO MENTION AFTER MIDNIGHT!
Sarah's latest release which is also available through Amazon and The Wild Rose Press

Thirteen years—that's how long Isabeau Montgomery has been living a lie. After an automobile accident took her mother's life, Izzy hid herself away, surviving the only way she knew how. Now she is happy in her carefully reconstructed life. That is until he walks through the door of her bar...

Black Phoenix singer/front man Noah Clark came to Long Island City with a goal--one that doesn't include an instant, electric attraction to the dark-haired beauty behind the bar. Coaxing her into his bed won't be easy, but he can't get her pale, haunted eyes nor her skill on the piano out of his head.

Can Noah help Isabeau overcome the past? Or will her need to protect her secret force her back into hiding and destroy their chance at happiness?

23 comments:

Sarah Grimm said...

AJ, you don't mind if I hang out here all day just staring at Ty/Justin's smile do you? Wait a sec, I have to scroll up again... OK, got that out of my system. Maybe.

Thanks so much for letting me visit today, and let me just say - you are too good to me, putting both my covers up. I'm so in love with my covers! Wait a second, got to scroll again...*sigh* I just love Justin. Wounded hero, believer that everything is black and white with no shades of grey - at least until he meets Paige. :-)

Thanks again my friend. <3

Lynn Chantale said...

Hi Sarah, great interview. Now I need to hurry up with my work so I can get back to reading. Ty/Justin is cute.

hi AJ *waves*

Sarah Grimm said...

Good Morning, wlynnchantale! I know what you mean about needing to catch up work so you can read. There are so many books on my TBR list and so little time to get to them.I should have more time now that it started snowing in Michigan. I'm so NOT a snow bunny. :-)

Lynn Chantale said...

Where in Michigan are you? I'm about 25 mi south of Ann Arbor.

Sarah Grimm said...

I'm in Grand Haven, MI, which is NW of you on the opposite side of the state.

Amy said...

Love Ty Herndon.
Love Justin Harrison.
Love Not Without Risk.
Yep, that about sums it up! :)
great post, Sarah!!

Sarah Grimm said...

Thanks, Amie. <3

Calisa Rhose said...

I just can't keep up with my tbr! I have this one- don't need a new one, but thanks for offering!. I love Ty! Yep- that smile is a good 'un awright!

Sarah Grimm said...

Welcome, Calisa! The smile, the voice...*Sarah melts into a puddle*

AJ Nuest said...

Justin is a dream-boat! Both on the page in here on my blog in the form of Ty! You don't need to thank me one little bit, Sarah. I'm happy to stare at this gorgeous hunk of man all dang day!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning the Silver Medal, Sarah! Good luck with all your books. :) They sound interesting!
Julianne

Sarah Grimm said...

Thanks, Julianne!

Mackenzie Crowne said...

Oh, gosh. That man is just yummy. And I just have to say, since my introduction to the roses, my romance with romance has become a manic free-for-all. So many stories, so little time. My shelf full of favorite rereads is getting dusty with so many new options demanding my time. Loved After Midnight, and Not Without Risk sounds like it will make the shelf. Thanks for sharing, chickees.

Nancy Jardine Author said...

Weather is howling outside, I've got the notion to get on with a little reading now (22.40 for me) and time to give up on the WIP, loop and blogs and just READ! Really love the look of your man up above. Mmmm. G'night, ladies!

Vonnie Davis ~ Romance Author said...

I've crawled out of my writing cave, shivvered for a sec before grabbing a sweater and taken a gander at emails and blogs. If NOT WITHOUT RISK is as good as AFTER MIDNIGHT, I've got to read it. Great stuff!!!

Sarah Grimm said...

Thanks for stopping, MacKenzie! I know exactly what you mean about so many, many great reads discovered since meeting all the roses!

Sarah Grimm said...

Goodnight, Nancy. Happy reading!

Sarah Grimm said...

Vonnie, how's the writing going? I hope you read and enjoy RISK. :-)

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

I could see Ty as the hero. Great smile. I read Not Without Risk. I enjoyed the story. The hero and heroine had great chemistry and the mystery unfolded perfectly. The winner is in for a treat. I haven't checked out your new release, but it is on my TBL.

Sarah Grimm said...

Karen, thanks so much. Happy to hear you enjoyed Not Without Risk! I hope you like After Midnight, too.

LaVerne Clark said...

Oooo - pick me, pick me! ; )

You know how much I loved After Midnight Sarah and I've been meaning to get Not Without Risk, but then Nano came along(I managed to win that in case you're wondering. Still can't believe it myself!) and I stopped reading for a while. But I'm free now! : )

Thanks for the giveaway Sarah and I'm looking foward to many more from your pen.

Sarah Grimm said...

Thanks so much, LaVerne. Your name is in the hat.

P.L. Parker said...

Another TBR! And yes, he is gorgeous!